First, there are questions to ask your bridal consultant.
1. What IS NOT included? Your consultant should show you a list of what is included in their package or rental, but is there something you’re overlooking that they’re not mentioning? A list of what is NOT included that you’ll be responsible for will help you.
2. What does the property look like during the time of year of my wedding date? If you’re lucky, you can view the venue a year before the wedding, but not everyone has that luxury. So, simply ask. Your consultant should be happy to describe what the foliage is like as well as what time is best for sunset ceremony pictures during that
3. What are the facility’s décor restrictions? If there are restrictions, find out what they are. Try to remember that there are good reasons venues have them. If glitter and confetti are prohibited, it’s not because the staff is too lazy to clean it up; it’s because it’s nearly impossible to. Would you want someone else’s leftover glitter all over your wedding? Probably not.
Then, there are the questions you should ask yourself.
4. Is this really in my budget? This can be a difficult one, but sometimes we all have to step away from the Pinterest screen and take a good look at the numbers. Do not book a venue if you’re not 100% sure it’s within your means. If you have to cancel because you can’t come up with the money, you’ll most likely lose whatever money you have put down AND payments made.
5. Is this what I want, or does it look a little bit more like someone else’s wedding? Maybe your parents eloped and they want to plan the wedding of THEIR dreams for your big day. Does the venue fulfill your desires, or those around you?
6. Can I picture my friends and family having a great time here? There is a certain chemistry when you walk around a property, similar to shopping for a home. It has to just feel right. If you’re not feeling it, keep looking! With so many incredible places to get married in the Houston area, no bride should have to compromise.